Liebster Award- Traveling Katiebug
I couldn’t be any more excited!
The lovely Kate from Travel for Difference has graciously nominated me for the Liebster Award!
The Liebster Award is in place to recognize online bloggers who create a community of like-minded creators to establish a larger readership and to simply spread love to those who are following their dreams in the world of blogging.
10 Important Questions I’ll Answer For You:
What destination is #1 on your bucket list?
Fiji has always been #1 on my travel list ever since I was a kid. Although Nepal is a very close second!
Tours or independent travel?
Most of the time I will always choose independent travel because you can go at your own pace. However sometimes tours are necessary if they are difficult-to-get-to places or you want to do something pretty adventurous.
What’s your favourite travel tip/hack?
My biggest tip is make sure at all costs you are comfortable on you travels. Don’t opt for fancy clothes (especially on planes) just to look nice. Nobody cares and you can still be stylish in clothes made for comfort. You won’t enjoy your vacation if you are constantly uncomfortable in what you’re wearing.
Beach Holiday or Mountain Adventure?
Beach holidays all the way!! I grew up in Colorado so I love the mountains but the ocean is a big part of who I am. My dream life would be me as a surfer babe/beach bum.
Who/What is your inspiration?
Cheesy, but I’d definitely say my parents are my inspirations. I was born into a family of travelers who worked for an airline so we were always going somewhere as a kid. I definitely took it for granted when I was younger but I’m so thankful they raised me to see the world and broaden my horizon.
Your favourite quote?
“Travel, not to escape life, but for life not to escape you.” -unknown
What do you collect from your travels?
I collect magnets. When I worked on the cruise ship my room was completely magnetic walls so that was what I used to decorate. Since we went to so many ports I ended up collecting magnets from everywhere. Needless to say, when I get older I’m going to need a few refrigerators just to hold my collection!
What is the one thing you’d love to change in the world?
In the world we live in now it is so easy for people to be hateful towards each other so I would love to change that. If everyone was kind to everyone we wouldn’t have any of the major problems we are facing every day.
What has been the scariest memory from your travels?
I’ve never really had any scary moments luckily. I would say that since I fly standby, every time I go to try to get on a flight I’m super anxious to see if I’ll get a seat.
What country do you never want to visit?
I’m sorry I don’t understand the question. Haha no if I had the opportunity to visit every country on earth I would 1000% take that deal!
The “rules” for the award are as follows:
- Thank the person that nominated you and post a link to their site on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog.
- Answer their 10 questions about yourself.
- Nominate 5-10 other bloggers for the award and inform them through social media.
- Create your own set of questions for your nominees.
- Enjoy winning this award and pass this great feeling onto someone else!
My nominees for the Liebster Award:
- Deb World Traveller
- Converse and Wonderlust
- The Viking Abroad
- Traveling Petite Girl
- Go Travel Global
Here are the questions for you to answer:
- Where is your favorite destination?
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- Why is travel so important to you?
- What’s your funniest travel story?
- How would you most want to travel the world with and why?
- Is there a place you’ve traveled to that you never want to return to?
- What would the perfect day of travel look like?
- What is the #1 thing on your bucketlist?
- Do you prefer to take the pictures or be behind the camera?
- What do you collect on your travels?
ARE YOU ON PINTEREST? PIN THIS!