Versatile Bloggers Award- Traveling Katiebug
I am so ecstatic and honored to be nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award! This is the first award I have received since being thrown head first into the blogging community. It really helps me realize it’s worth doing what you love even if it’s difficult at times. I want to have a BIG shoutout to Jenn, the amazing gal behind The Redhead Abroad, travel blog, for nominating me for this award. Jenn’s blog provides top notch advice on well-being while traveling and insider tips on the best places to eat/things to do while traveling. Not to mention, her site’s design is just beautiful to look at. Go check it out!
What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given by bloggers to other up-and-coming bloggers. It is designed to encourage new bloggers to keep up the good work, and help people to discover new blogs. It may kinda sound like we are all just patting each other on the back out here in blogger world, but there are some criteria for selection! When nominating someone for a Versatile Blogger Award, you must consider:
- the quality of the writing;
- the uniqueness of the subjects covered;
- the ‘level of love’ displayed in the person’s writing; and
- the quality of the photographs.
What are the rules?
There are a couple of rules for the Versatile Blogger Award. You must:
- display the award on your website;
- thank the person who nominated you and share a link to their blog;
- share seven facts about yourself; and
- nominate up to 10 other bloggers for the award.
7 Facts You Should Know About Me:
- How I started traveling: I was born into a wanderlust family. My parents both work(ed) for United Airlines so I was on a plane before I could raise my own head. My family is notorious for heading to a destination based on what flight looks the easiest to board. It’s in my blood and I love every minute of it.
- I moved to a country where I knew NOBODY: Ok that’s not entirely true. I had some friends but they were on the opposite side of the country. In June 2016 I moved to Australia and got a work visa. I’m currently living here (until my visa expires and they kick me out) and exploring everything I possibly can. It’s so liberating to start fresh sometimes.
- Where I grew up: I was born in San Fransisco but never got to call myself a Cali girl since we moved to Colorado when I was 3. I’m glad my parents made the choice to move since I got the forest as my backyard.
- My favorite meal: Hands down it’s my mom’s biscuits and gravy (flaky scone and white sausage gravy for all you non-Americans). It’s the best meal to have when I get home from long travels. My close second is ice-cream of any flavor!
- Why I started the TravelingKatiebug blog: I actually hesitated for a LONG TIME to start my blog. I was chatting with a friend when I was working on the Disney Cruise about starting one so my family could keep up with my life and to inform others about the weirdness that is ship life. Well, now I have passed that stage in my life but I decided to jump on the bandwagon and get typing.
- My favorite place to visit: Maui is easily my favorite place. It is basically my second home since I’ve been there every year since I was born. (see above about my comment of traveling before I could lift my head) It has everything I love, the ocean, warm sand, beautiful music, great food and pineapples!!!
- What my “real” job is: When I’m not blogging I work in the child care industry. I’ve gone from job to job but it all involves caring for the little rugrats. I love it so much! My favorite job was working on the Disney Cruise.
Here are the nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award. Check them out and share the love!
- The State Escape– This California girl’s blog is full of beautiful photographs and inspiration for traveling. This blog is perfect for the culture cravers and animal lovers! Keep up the great work!
- Wander Sisters– These girls hold a special place in my heart since I’ve known them for years. Although we don’t see each other much I still keep up with their travels through their blog. It’s full of great photographs, fun stories and exciting adventures! How lucky are they to get to travel the world with your sister!?
- Little Lottie-Lottie forever changed her life a while back and set of to travel the world. She documents her travels through Thailand and more. She tells it like it is and is always enjoyable to read! Go check her out, she’s wonderful!