Traveling With Katiebug

If you’ve ever read a travel blog I’m sure you might have come across bloggers telling you how to travel cheaply…

• Work on a cruise ship
  • Be an Au Pair
  • Teach English in a foreign country
  • Work for an airline
  • ETC, ETC, ETC…

Well great minds must think alike because I have added (and intend to keep adding) many of these to my resume.

I spent a year working for Disney Cruise Lines. (Yes, I am a total Disney nerd.) I’m currently living in Sydney, Australia as an Au Pair. I grew up as an airline kid. (Free flights are great…if there are available seats.) And hopefully my next adventure will be off to Thailand to teach English.

I’ve been thinking about starting a blog to cover my travels and adventures for a few years now. Well better late than never (which seems to be my motto way too often).

As a young woman with the world at her finger tips I realized there were too many experiences out in our beautiful world that I didn’t want to miss. A little over a year ago I packed up my life and headed out for my first journey of many.

I hope writing about my ups, downs, and horribly cheesy jokes will inspire everyone else to find what they love to do and get out there!

Who says Adulting is meant to be at a desk 9-5?

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”                                – Augustine of Hippo

xx-katiebug

Please share the love:

16 comments

1. bigblueplanetblog

Love it and can’t wait to hear more. I have a travel blog myself 🙂 would love some insight.

PS I hope to go to Thailand next year as well! Maybe we will cross paths 😉

1. travelingkatiebug

That would be amazing! I will check out your blog! Any tips on how to improve mine would be greatly appreciated! And feel free to show my blog to your friends. I’ll do the same!!

1. bigblueplanetblog

I sure will 🙂 I will probably go to Thailand next spring or summer so if you go before me let me know how it is! I also can’t decide if I want to fly into Vietnam and take a train or bus to Bangkok and fly out of there? No clue …

2. travelingkatiebug

Will do! I honestly haven’t started looking into it yet but I will keep you updated!!

3. Shelly

Yaaaay! I can’t wait to travel the world with you! You are living a dream ❤️

4. Bret Nighman

Darling Katie bug, Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your world adventures lovely lady! The jokes better be good! Miss and love you! Uncle Bret

5. Stephanie

Can’t wait to hear more- I just got back from backpacking around Thailand and honestly it was such an amazing experience- the people and the culture are amazing.Good luck starting up your blog- I’m in the same boat at the moment ❤️❤️

6. Forever Travel Bug.

I can’t wait to hear more about this. I think we have a similar outlook on life. 🙂 X

7. nickymackenzie

You’re going to love Thailand! Can’t wait to hear about your teaching experiences there. Safe travels!

1. travelingkatiebug

Thank you! I’m quite excited for Thailand!

8. Wander Sisters

It’s crazy how many life experiences we have in common! Airline kids, au pairs, and working on a cruise ship! Love seeing your new adventures 🙂
    Brooke

1. travelingkatiebug

I know it is isn’t it!? If only I had your photography skills haha!

9. zoelauras

Fab post! Hope you enjoy beautiful Thailand!! x

10. Jill Massey

Hey Katie from Colorado. Thanks for your company on this morning’s stroll up Mt Lofty. Happy travels! Jill from Melbourne!

1. travelingkatiebug

Hi Jill! Thank you as well! It was lovely to meet you! It was a wonderful hike! Enjoy your trip as well!

11. Roosevelt Wiley

Hi There! We are looking for experienced people that might be interested in from working their home on a full-time basis. If you want to earn $100 a day, and you don’t mind developing some short opinions up, this is the perfect opportunity for you! Simply click the link here NOW!